This article covers:
- What is Zapier?
- What different apps can be connected with myCRM through Zapier? (Email, Social Media, Google Sheets/Drive, Mailchimp, etc.)
- How to integrate Zapier with myCRM?
- Capturing leads from other portals
- Capturing leads from Social Media platforms
- Updating Google Sheets with triggers i.e when the lead gets updated
- How to integrate myCRM with Mailchimp?
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. In simple terms, Zapier will act as a mediator in fetching data to and from myCRM with your desired application. It’s a paid app with a basic version being free (https://zapier.com/pricing).
What different Apps can be connected with myCRM through Zapier?
You will be able to integrate myCRM with various applications like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Google Sheets, IMAP, Mailchimp, etc.
Below are some examples of the different actions that can be done with Zapier and myCRM:
- Capture leads from your Social Media campaigns
- Capture leads from your website or other landing pages
- Capture leads from other portals such as Dubizzle, Bayut, etc.
- Update your Google Sheets with any update on a lead or a property in myCRM
- Update your Mailchimp with actions on your property in myCRM
How to easily connect Zapier and myCRM together?
Subscribe to Zapier with a suitable plan as required (https://zapier.com/pricing). You will require an API token from myCRM to be able to connect which you can request from firstname.lastname@example.org. Accept the invitation and start building a zap (What is a Zap? Understand key concepts in Zapier).
How to capture leads from other portals like Dubizzle, Bayut etc.?
If you have not already connected your myCRM with Zapier, refer to the above point How to easily connect Zapier and myCRM together?
You will have to make sure that all the emails you receive from different portals land on the same email address.
1. Make a Zap
Click on Make a Zap and select your email provider such as Gmail, IMAP, Zoho Mail, etc.
2. Choose Trigger Event to be New Email Matching Search
3. Sign in to your email account
4. Input the search string
The search string should be the generic subject of the email you receive from the portals. This works the same as the search bar you see in Gmail. For example, Dubizzle lead emails are sent with the subject Dubizzle - someone is interested in…
5. Test & Continue, choose from the options provided and click on Continue
6. Choose myCRM App and Event
7. Choose Action Event to be Create Lead from Email
8. Insert the API token received from myCRM Support
9. Map the fields as displayed
a. Lead Source: respective portal
b. Click on the corner on the right and choose Body HTML
c. Enter myCRM admin email address
10. Test & Continue, and Turn on the Zap
How to capture leads from Social Media?
Zapier will allow users to capture leads from all the social media campaigns such as Facebook and Instagram and update them in myCRM. You will have to make sure all the emails land on one email account. Follow the steps below:
1. Connect myCRM and Zapier
If you have not already connected your myCRM with Zapier, refer to the point How to easily connect Zapier and myCRM together?
2. Make a Zap
Click on Make a Zap and select your desired App (Facebook is a premium app and you will require a paid version of Zapier to be able to integrate it).
3. Choose Trigger Event to be New Lead
4. Connect your Facebook account
5. Choose your Lead ad page
6. Customize Lead, select the page and the form you want to integrate from the dropdown
7. Choose App & Event to be myCRM (latest version)
8. Choose Action Event to be Create Lead
9. Customize Lead, map the fields as required from the dropdown
10. Send Data, Test & Continue and Turn on the Zap
We hope this feature proves to be beneficial for you, and will help you do more business with less effort.